Saturday, August 22, 2009

The big day...3yrs old and counting!

Okay, it has officially been ions since I've posted...and it's 1:30 in the AM so here is the quick version of Aloria's B-day o' fun!
We had a Dora the Explorer party.
I don't know who has seen Dora or not, but involves someplace you've gotta get to besides where you are to do something or save someone or bring somebody something they don't have but need...and it always involves following the map.
So I drew maps on watercolor paper and had the kids watercolor their maps on the front porch of my parents house (Painting Porch...their party favor was water colors)
Below Aloria is painting with her Auntie Anne


Then, they followed the map to the backyard to Bubble Bath Tree...or something like that. They all got bubbles and splashed around...especially Justus. In this picture though Aloria is with her cousin, Lydia. They are really getting along now, it's pretty awsome.

Next place on the map was a hop skip and a jump to the back porch (Party Pavilion) where they all decorated their own cupcakes. My mom is feeling Justus' head in the background...he turned out to be feverish and was sick for a couple of days after. Poor thing.

Aloria had a Dora cake...and she loved it!
(I cut the figure off of the Dora sneaker box from Payless...hehehe)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

djrepshire said...

You are the best mom ever!! What fun memories they will have!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Dora! I'm glad that you all had so much fun :)

Molly

jacquelyn said...

happy birthday! nice to see you blogging again!
gwen