Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy to be playing with Caleb...

I know that watching Caleb has been helpful to Ed and Rhonda, but it has also been a total blessing for me...I think that is really great for Aloria to learn how to play with other toddlers! We will be trying for another baby soon and being the first born, Aloria might have a difficult time adjusting to my spending time with another baby...but I really think that this will help prepare her for having another brother or sister around. It is also helping Caleb, I think. Rhonda is due December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day) ...she is having a little girl, by the by :-) Yeah for sisters! ...and she and Caleb will be sharing a room . Since I have started watching Caleb, he and Aloria have had to get used to taking naps in the same room together...at first they just yelled back and forth at each other, cried and whimpered for a while until they finally fell asleep. After about two days of that...no problems!!! Aloria is also having to learn patience! Which is always a fantastic thing to have under your belt ...haha. She has to wait while I change Caleb's diaper, or wait while I get both of their food ready, or wait until I put him in the high chair...little things like that. All in all, I feel really honored to care for him, and really blessed that he is teaching Aloria to be a good sister for her soon to come, though currently non-existent, siblings :-)

Aloria climbed up on the huggy box, herself, and then eventually onto the couch...what a big girl! She was still pretty wobbly and took a tumble at one point, but bumps and bruises are a part of growing!We bought Aloria a park bench that we found at the grocery store for only $20...actually Ed gave us a gift card, so it was free! Yeah for free! It completes the play ground that we were putting together for her in the back yard. Our neighbors grandkids are all grown up so they gave us a swing set and a sand box...we're still thinking of getting her a kiddy pool to sit and splash in...it'll help cool off mommytoo. It's been hot here! 100+ degrees...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow 20 bucks, that sounds like a great deal!!!!