Aaron and I are greatly anticipating Aloria's little brother coming into this world, but it has not taken our eyes off of who stands before us now. Aloria will be 2 on the 21st...I can hardly believe how fast the time has flown by! I wonder if the "terrible twos" have already befallen us, or are still yet to come :-) She has her moments, for sure, but over all, we are so pleased with how well she learns and behaves for us. Last month, the "no" era ended and gave way to "yes." She is learning that there is just as much independence in "yes" as there is in "no." ...and I think she really likes saying it. She always gets a big smile on her face, like she knows the expected thing will be coming her way as soon as she says that magic word!
She knows a lot of words, but her vocabulary continues to grow...Aaron just taught her "octagon"...which she pronounces, "ocgagon." Elephant is "ephantphant" and aligator is "agaga." She is also just starting to put words together...this I have been waiting for. Instead of saying just, "one more" for another book, she is saying "one more book." Things like that...though it is still slow in coming, are exciting to hear. To think in just one more year, we may be able to have actual conversations with her, simple though they may be! Woohoo...I can't wait to find out what is really buzzing around in that little head of hers. ...and speaking of her head, she has finally got a reasonable amount of hair! I can't put barretts or clips in it yet (mostly because she won't let me), but soon enough.
Potty training was also implemented a while ago for the second time. She is doing really well. We just take her to the potty every 30 to 40 minutes and she goes... She rarely has accidents unless we lose track of time...and unless it's poop. She still seems to like to do that in her underwear instead of the toilet, which is messy and gross...but I assume this too will pass (no pun intended :-) The next step, of course, is her letting us know she has to go to the bathroom herself...so I put the small potty back out (she was using the toddler seat on the big one before), in the hopes that she will just decide to go and use it sometime when she feels that she has to go, and won't wait for me to take her. We'll see. She's not so good at wiping yet, so I'm sort of afraid of drips everwhere though, so does anyone have any advice on this. I want her to go by herself, but how can she do that if she can't do the whole process herself? Maybe, "all by herself" will just have to wait for a while :-) ...as of now, what we have going saves on diapers and so I am happy for that!
I can't wait to see how she handles having a little baby brother. I truly hope that she doesn't feel ignored or pushed aside. We are getting a refund from the Pediatrician's office on a visit that the insurance is paying for, and so we are getting a bike trailer so that Aaron can still spend some special one on one time with her! ...and we decided to have her birthday after Justus is born instead of moving it ahead (I thought it might be easier for me at first), so that she still has a special day to enjoy for herself ...so that she knows that she is still special even though another little one is around. Hope all of this helps with the transition :-) Those with two kids already, feel free to leave me with some things that helped make the transition more smooth for you...or things that you experienced that you didn't expect to because of the second baby.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Our son Caleb is pretty much potty trained ( he still has bad days sometimes) but he has a hard time with pooping in the potty. I did some research and found out that some kids think the poop is part of their body. I started explaining to Caleb how our bodies work and that it wasn't something that should stay in his body. Since then he makes it almost every time. Happy potty training!
Post a Comment