Aloria usually does not like me messing with her hands unless it's something she wants me to do. It took her a while to get comfortable with me cutting her finger nails, and even when we count objects in a book and she wants me grab her finger to do it...she still fights me on which object we point to first.
...but today I wanted to put some nail polish on...(you can't really tell in this picture because it's a pretty light shade...what happened to my red anyway?), and after watching me do it first she put out her hand for me to paint hers too!!!
She even let me paint her toe nails (which she is even more picky about) after I showed her on me first.
I can't quite explain it, but it felt so girly and fun to do this with her...so mother daughterish! ;-)
I will cherish this first time girly memory with her for always and always!
...but today I wanted to put some nail polish on...(you can't really tell in this picture because it's a pretty light shade...what happened to my red anyway?), and after watching me do it first she put out her hand for me to paint hers too!!!
She even let me paint her toe nails (which she is even more picky about) after I showed her on me first.
I can't quite explain it, but it felt so girly and fun to do this with her...so mother daughterish! ;-)
I will cherish this first time girly memory with her for always and always!
Grammy came over to watch Aloria whilst I went to my Dr. apppointment.
Currently, Aloria's favorite thing to do with Grammy is to play blocks. When I got home, Marlene was going to do my dishes for me, but Aloria woke up from her nap and was so excited about playing blocks with her that I couldn't take that moment away from them. Marlene also likes playing blocks and so as much as I would have enjoyed my dishes getting done by someone else...it was so much more fulfilling to watch Grammy and Aloria imagine and create in the living room together!
Currently, Aloria's favorite thing to do with Grammy is to play blocks. When I got home, Marlene was going to do my dishes for me, but Aloria woke up from her nap and was so excited about playing blocks with her that I couldn't take that moment away from them. Marlene also likes playing blocks and so as much as I would have enjoyed my dishes getting done by someone else...it was so much more fulfilling to watch Grammy and Aloria imagine and create in the living room together!


No comments:
Post a Comment