Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Aloria is home!

Having her home was sooo amazing...and just a little bit scary. I wasn't scared at first, but after my parents left and Beth left, and I was home alone with her for the first time, a million and one emotions flooded over me. I hadn't cried at the hospital when I had her, but I cried then...so much love for her swept over me. She was actually mine! I had a daughter, and you just don't want to do anything that could possibly hurt her...your every desire for her is her comfort and safety. ...and can anyone feel so responsible for the welfare of another?! ...someone they just met, no less!
My aunt Gigi is letting me use the coolest cradle ever...it's huge! And my mom made the cutest sheets to go with it... On the outside of the cradle are the names of every baby that has used it...Aloria's name will be added to them soon :-)
The picture below was taken three days after she was born...she wasn't any bigger, in fact she weighed a little less, because my milk had only just started coming in. Can you believe she fit in me?!!! She looks soo big...and she came out of me that way. It's kind of traumatizing...and amazing all at the same time. It took me a week before I could sit without a whole lot of pain.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

thesticklergirl said...

Okay.
I want to see current pictures :)
She is a really cute newborn!