Monday, August 21, 2006

Our first home...our miracle!

Since before we got married, Aaron had wanted to buy a house... Though for a while, he was content with our first little one bedroom apartment, he still wanted to be in our own place...it seemed an impossibity with our income. But after we found out I was pregnant, we knew we needed someplace bigger. My parents played a huge role in helping this become a reality. My mom called and said that while I was still working at the school, and before I stopped receiving an income, we should look into seeing what we qualified for...I really felt like the Lord was speaking through her. Especially since I thought it was a good idea...which was a huge step for me, because I had fought Aaron over getting a house a few months prior, and now he was the one looking on the side of caution...not at all convinced that it could really happen. Long story short, the Lord worked in both our lives ...humbling us and causing us to completely trust Him...and He provided us with a duplex right down the road from my in-laws. We really like this area, and we can afford our home because we have renters on the other side of us. We're landlords...super crazy! Marlene was the one to find this place for us, and without both of our parents and my grandparents financial help, we wouldn't have been able to be here! Praise God for them.
This picture was taken the day we moved in, I believe. We had signed the papers that morning and it was official! Subway rocks!!!
Ed and Rhonda have helped us soooo much in a million little ways...that have always seemed huge in our lives. Mostly, they just offer themselves for service. "What do you need?" "Can we help?" They have their own circle of friends established, and yet they still offer themselves in friendship to us as well...sometimes it is difficult to find the time to step out of our circles, even when we want to...it just seems there isn't enough time or we haven't the energy. Rhonda, especially, reminds me of this lesson because all the while they offered their help to us, she had just had Caleb a few months prior, and now that I have Aloria, I know that wasn't the easiest thing to do. They are special, and may the Lord bless them always for those sacrifices...to them they may seem small, but to those they help...they mean the world. Posted by Picasa

No comments: