I can hardly believe how much my life has changed in just two short years. There I was, sitting across from Daniel Fender on Multnomah campus, praying for a husband at his dare. I prayed for specifics...I knew that the Lord had the best man in mind for me. Low and behold, He did. I met Aaron Knizley on July28th, the day before he would stand as "best man" for Anne and and Andrew's wedding. I saw him, and I knew...I'd better hang on for dear life!...I was going to marry this man. I went crazy for a little while...just ask Justin! I always do...only this one lasted :-) I had graduated from Multnomah, and was ready to move on from my nanny job (one of the most difficult things I've had to say goodbye to...). I flew to Colorado Springs to try and "get a job" with Focus on the family (aka. "get closer" to Aaron). At the possibility of a second interview, I moved there in November 2004 (crazy move #1) ...I remember it was the day after the presidential elections. I didn't get the job...but developed a whole lot of respect for Salvation Army bell ringers. In November, I spent Thanksgiving with Aaron in Grand Junction and in January I moved there (crazy move #2). I spent a few weeks in the dungeon (as Marlene calls it), moved into the "married room" at Sarah and Katie's (where I wondered what the crap I was doing and pondered just how crazy I really was for following a man to Colorado who I barely knew), then I was engaged by March (when I saw my craziness for what it was and had been...the Lord's will for my life!) and married July 16th...less than a year after we'd met. Everyone has expectations (more or less) about what their future spouse and marriage will be like...Aaron has exceeded any and all expectations I could have possibly had!!! I am truly happy and DARN PROUD to be Aaron Knizley's wife!Anyhoo...our honeymoon to Catalina Island was great, albeit a little unfulfilling for a new husband were it not for the snorkling we fit in right before going back to Nani's. ...and our first apartment was so perfect for our first year of marriage...though we didn't stay that long, because after two months of wedded bliss...just when I started to loosen my grip and think we had a hang of this being married stuff, I found out I was pregnant (I had become a pupil of the book "Taking Charge of Your Furtility," at the advice of Gwen...only, like her, I hadn't and I was...fertile, that is. ). I cried...wondering what Aaron would think and hoping that he wouldn't resent me for having to quit school, if that's what it came to. Aaron was completely supportive and after the initial shock, excited for our future Aloria to be born. Amazingly, and by God's grace, Aaron didn't have to quit school...he maintained classes and worked part time while I was pregnant...I was teaching at Cornerstone at the time and finished up two weeks prior to my due date. As of now, I am not working...Aaron wants me to be able to spend my time with Aloria, which is a great joy for me...and with only Aaron working part time and getting the GI Bill so he can go to school full time, we are still able to own a house, pay our bills, and buy diapers :-) ...as well as go for an occasional treat. All of this is a testimony to the Lord's sufficiency in our lives. God provides!
Becoming pregnant so early in our marriage brought up some fears...one being that Aaron and I wouldn't be as close once she was born because we hadn't had enough time together as a couple...so I assured him that he would always be my number one so that our baby would have a solid foundation to stand on...I'll never let go Aaron, I'll never let go!

1 comment:
Gwen.. you should know that you aren't the reason for Veenie's pregnancy! It took two to tango :)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that you are sweet, wonderful and cheesy.. and I miss you!
Post a Comment