At the hospital...
I was induced at 9:15am June 21st, and I had her at 9:57pm that night. Our doctor let Aaron help deliver the baby...Aaron put Aloria on my stomach after she came out, but after they fluffed her up and she got some more color they gave her back to Aaron and the first thing he did was to take off his shirt and hold her against him so he could feel how soft she was and to keep her warm...it was sooo sweet.
Aloria was 8.7lbs and 21 inches long. None of us expected her to be so big...if I had known I would have lost hope and asked for a C section...well, maybe not. But as it was, I had to push for an hour and half. She was sooo perfect looking. She was eight days late, and so her nails were really long, and I had to clip them first chance I got. She also has really long eyelashes... This picture brings back so many memories...some of them not too painful, haha.
After they were done with us in the delivery room...which was fantabulous, by the by (we had our own private hot tub)...and after I was through passing out in the bathroom from blood loss...they took us to another room. Aaron slept with me at the hospital in a chair bed thingy next to my bed. I tried to nurse Aloria that night, but all she wanted to do was sleep, and after the nurses checked her blood sugar level, they decided it was okay that she did. She slept with me in bed...I held her in the crook of my arm. I hardly slept at all, to tell you the truth...I was famished, having not eaten much since breakfast...though Aaron was out cold!!! All that coaching wiped him out for the next couple of day as well. Poor baby!
I was at the hospital for a little under 24hrs. since having the baby when they let us go home...7:00pm the next day. They wanted me to stay longer, but my parents were only staying another couple of days, having waited so long for her to be born already...so they let me go since I had so many people around to help me at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment