Fall Festival Extraviganzzzza!
Lastnight, we went to our church's Fall Festival...a week or so earlier, Aloria and I helped pass out fliers to the neighborhood for it. It's the churches way of getting to know the communittee. They went all out...every room in the church had games of some kind in them...in these first three pictures we're sitting in the pumpkin patch they had inside...kids could come over and pick one out and then carry it into a plastic lined room and carve them. Larry and Jeremy (father and brother-in-law) were taking digital pictures of families against another backdrop and printing them out...the kids could take them over to some tables and decorate frames to go with them. Another room had cookies you could decorate, coloring, bean bag tosses, etc... Upstairs in the sanctuary was an enclosed maze made out of chairs and plywood...there was also a bump and jump...it was gigantic one with a slide. There was also a chilli dinner downstairs...needless to say, I think it was a major success as far as the local kids went (way to go Josh and Dionned-youth pastors who put it on). The whole point of this shindig was to get to know people, though...so Aaron and I felt pretty dumb because we sort of forgot that part...I mean we volunteered to help with one of the game rooms, and Aaron did a great job carneying the game, but didn't really talk with anyone specifically. I think he did what he was supposed to do though...make it fun for the kids. I, on the other hand, had much more time on my hands, but also forgot to make new friends...everything was soooo loud and busy for Aloria ...she was being over stimulated at every turn, and so I stuck to people I knew as well. Aaron brought up the fact that we missed the point of it just a couple of hours ago when we pulled up to the house from a funeral we attended this evening (no one you know). We started talking and ended up sitting in the car for a half hour instead of going inside...why not, Aloria was asleep in her carseat. Anyway, I'm sure there were a lot of people who did their part by making friends and inviting people to come back for church, and I'm also sure that many people enjoyed the time with their kids and someday when they are looking to fellowship they will think of us...so no major harm done. ...but I'm just so blessed to have a husband who is sensitive to the needs that are going on around us. We both got caught up in the fluster of things...but he remembered, and next time we will be a whole lot more focused because of it.
Ivy kisses!!!
My parents gave Aaron and I these light up head bands on their last visit, and Mandy gave me the one Aloria is wearing a long time ago...you can't see them glow because of the lights, but it was fun none-the-less. NONE-THE-LESS!

No comments:
Post a Comment