Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Poor poor Ivy

So, Ivy is Aaron's dog...our dog now, but originally his...so I have a little less tolerance for her than he does at times...I don't have any cute puppy memories running around in my brain to make up for her bad behavior. Most of the time she is really well behaved...she's great with Aloria and follows commands fairly well...but alas, she is "in heat." ...and we hope not in the "family way," if you know what I mean . She's a pure bred, and so I hope she didn't find some weener dog as a companion. We hope for cute puppies if there are any to be had, so that we don't have a hard time giving them away... We've been tying her up as of late, but not before she had her hay day and ran off a couple of times. She always comes back after a half hour or so (evidently her rendezvous don't take long), but we were afraid she would get picked up by the pound, so it's either inside (where I listen to her whine all day) or outside tied up, which she hates. She's never been tied up before, so she doesn't really know what that heavy rope thing is dragging behind her...she tends to stay still and not move around even when we call her...sometimes she trembles or walks so slow she looks like she's tiptoeing... poor poor Ivy. Hopefully she gets back to normal soon...for the sake of my kitchen floor too. I've never had a female dog before; I don't suppose they make tampons for them too! My mom said they make doggy diapers for this sort of thing...but changing Aloria's diapers is quite enough for me, thanks anyway :-)
"If your roaming in ol' Grand Junction, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nessie said...

Not if he doesn't have to...it's like Justin and wife beaters...only it's skin instead of cotton. Highly durable and it can be washed while being worn :-)