Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gobs of hair!!!

I don't know if anyone else...aka, Rainbow, Tracy, etc...has had this problem yet or if you will, but my hair is falling out in gobs. GOBS!!!! Seriously, by the handful. I wash my hair and tons comes out, I condition it and tons come out, I come it afterward I towel dry it and tons come out...the next morning when I brush it, tons come out. It's amazing I'm not bald yet! I suppose it must come in and fast as it leaves...but I doubt it. My hair has always been very thick...and now it's kind of medium thick. I've talked with a lot of seasoned moms, and aaaapaaarently this is normal while breast feeding, though they're not sure if it has to do with breastfeeding pursay, as much as the hormone change in our bodies. They said it lasts about six to nine months...well, I'm at four and am looking forward to having my hair stay in my head...maybe for Christmas. Aloria and I can sing that song together, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth (Aloria's part)...and for my hair to stay in (mine)!" I mean it's not just that it comes out, but that it's everywhere when it does...it's tangled in my rubberbands, it's all over my pillow and sheets, it falls on Aloria while I nurse if I don't pull it back, it sticks to Aloria's jammies when I bring her to bed in the morning, and I constantly have to check her hands for it when she grabs a fist full of my hair (ouch!). I check her toes and fingers before bed to make sure there is none wrapped around them, so as to cut off her circulation. Bleh! BLEH, I say!!!!
Sooo, to you who are first time moms or abouts to be...this may happen to you! Don't worry you're not dying of some crazy disease...just suffering from the plethora of hormonal changes that our bodies seem to like to take us through.

No comments: