Earlier this month, Aloria got sick for the second time. The first time she had the classic cold/fluish symtoms, but this time she had a stomach virus. I heard her moving around and making coughing noises in her room, and as it was just before Aaron and I were going to go to bed, so I thought it would be a good time to go in and feed her. She was covered in chunks!!! Her hair, face, onesie, the bed...everything. She looked so confused and helpless!
Aaron helped by gettting a bath ready for her...and as I picked her up and held her against my chest whispering that everything would be alright, it hit me that I was probably transfering much of her nastyness onto myself...but I didn't care! All I cared about was that she wasn't feeling well, and didn't know what what was happening to her. It really is different with your own child!
I changed all of Aloria's bedding and put her in fresh jammies...but before I laid her down, she threw up all over herself again! I tried putting her to sleep in her own bed, but every time I went in to check on her, she had thrown up a little more...and she was so quiet about it, that even with the baby monitor on, I couldn't hear her and I didn't want her to choke, or have to sleep in her own stuff if I didn't hear her....so I moved her to our bed. Poor Aaron! I had to kick him out of bed due to lack of room, but in the end, poor me! She woke up acting hungry so I gave her some formula, only to have her throw it ALL up. I held her in a crawling position, so she wouldn't get it all over herself, but she still did...and my bed. I wiped her down with a wash cloth, stuck towls down (with plastic trash bags under them this time), as I was too tired to change all my sheets in the middle of the night. For 5 days!!! she barely drank or ate anything. Sometimes only 6 ounces of formula the entire day!!! She never threw up again, so having her not eat after any visible symtoms had long gone was scary for me. Aaron said I was getting to be a paranoid mother (I had called the Ped. office almost every other day)! I don't care...do you all hear me?! I DON'T CARE!!! Mothers shouldn't have to watch their little babies dry heave...it's awful!
Anyway, I took her in for a weight check (15lb 10 oz) before she really got her appetite back, so understandably she wouldn't weigh much, but only about a week later for her 9 month appointment she was 16 lb something oz... The Dr. said she was doing fine and that he wasn't worried at all.
Just as she started getting her appetite back was when my parents came to visit...and I am happy to say she has gotten back up to 6 oz of formula at a time, so she is right on target for her recommended 18 oz a day...which was less then what I thought she was supposed to have ...so woo hoo!
I should also mention that the visit with my parents was the best visit ever!!! I felt like we did so much in such a small amount of time. I really enjoyed having them stay with us!!!!!! Love you guys :-)
P.S. A couple of days before my parents arrived, Aaron and I caught whatever Aloria had. I spent most of the night emptying myself of any and all fluids...Aaron heard me and so he got up to get me a gatoraid...what a sweetie! In the morning, he had to call in sick to work...seconds later, he was running for the bathroom. Two very sick adults, only one toilet...that sucked!
I was sooo weak that Aaron had to lift Aloria out of her crib for me. I almost passed out several times, which really scared me when I was trying to take care of the baby, so I literally crawled from room to room when I needed something. Aaron and I took turns laying on the floor by Aloria ...pushing toys at her so she could play. All other time we spent in bed. The mother-in-law had to work, but stopped by long enough to deliver some goodies...sprite, crackers, soup, etc... She was even able to stay and play with Aloria until her first nap so we could sleep longer. God bless her! It was a loooong day, to say the least!!! In a wierd way, though, it was fun to be sick with Aaron ...to cuddle in bed, feeling equally as miserable. I lay there watching him sleep, so hansome and alluring, even in illness. If I didn't think we'd have puked all over each other, I do believe I'd have taken advantage of that man :-) I know! I know! I'm sick...well, yes, I was! ...and so I didn't. :-) but I still say it brought us closer! "In sickness and in health"...I love being married!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment