Saturday, February 09, 2008

Big girl bed

We just traded in Aloria's side gate for little bars that are supposed to keep her from falling out of bed...supposedly. It still makes me nervous, though she doesn't have too far to fall.
Our plan is to get her used to this until June...then just before the baby is born, we'll change her to an actual bed (and pack this one out of site) and let her pick out her own fun sheets and pillows, etc... Justus will sleep in a cradle in our room for the first three to four months, and then we'll bring the crib out again for him when we put him in her room. Hopefully four months will be enough time for Aloria to not think of the crib as hers anymore, and the transition will be smooth. Hopefully :-)

One of the first things she did was load her bed with books...hmmm. I have a whole bunch of fears to overcome now...book not being one of them. Her crawling out of bed is. I'm going to go through the house again and re-babyproof, just in case she feels like wandering around at 2am. I think she's not the only one who has to grow up...but I am responsible for her well being, and so I feel it is okay to worry...at appropriate levels, of course. Maybe I'll sleep outside her door tonight...just kidding, just kidding!!!
Besides the cool handy dandy convertable side rails this crib came with, it also came with a drawer that rolls underneath the bed that we use for her extra blankets, etc (when they're smaller, it's really great for their limited amount of toys too). If I scoot the drawer out just a little, she can use it to step up and get into bed, but it doesn't get in the way of her scooting down. Sweet. I was thinking we'd have to get a stool, but I didn't want her to fall out of bed onto it. There I go with the falling again, but seriously, Caiden fell out of bed when I was her nanny (I wasn't there at the time it happened), and she broke her collar bone and had to wear a sling to keep her arm from moving so it would heal. ...I'm just saying.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: