Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A compromise...

My goal in changing Aloria's bed situation has been to get her used to a big girl bed, and to get her to stay in bed when the option of getting out is there. Sooo, those goals are finally in place and completed...no more night time visits...but I am tired of getting up and worrying about finding her asleep on the floor. Also, I found a little red mark on her forehead that I thought was from sleeping on something in her crib funny, but it didn't fade, even till the next day, so I concluded she had hit her head on something some how (could have still been from inside her crib, which has happened before). So, after receiving som money from my parents (thank you guys!), we decided to use some of it to buy a better bed rail. This one is a brand called Dex (Safe Sleeper Extra Tall Bed Rail). I found it at China Town...I mean WalMart, and highly recommend it! It is not just supported by the wait of the mattress like some are (which can be pushed out or away from the bed where they can get stuck inbetween), but has a strap that goes under the mattress and anchors on the other side to keep the rail tight and inplace. ...and because it is extra tall it will work on a regular size bed and mattress. It folds down for in the morning if you want it too and then snaps back up for at night. And on a regular size mattress it will only leave room at the head and foot of the bed, because really if you're going to fall out you'll probably fall out the middle...which is why Aloria's original rails were such a problem; they were blocking the wrong area of the bed.
Hey! No jumping on the bed! ...quite a different issue.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: