Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Visit from Caleb!

Aloria has only really been seeing Caleb at church since we used to watch him...and she's been busy getting over a cold (twice), so I haven't taken her over to see her long lost friend. I was just waiting for her to get well and for an excuse to invite Ed and Rhonda over so that our kids could play. I was a little nervous that they would just fight over toys (as was there custom), but with a hopeful heart I invtied them over for dinner the other night...and it was so much fun!
Before dinner, they colored together, did puzzles together, played with trucks and trains and blocks together...during dinner it was difficult to hear each others conversation at times above the roar of Aloria and Caleb's own communications. They would yell, giggle, laugh, point, and bang their feet in unison...but it was way to cute to ask them to stop. After dinner they watched a video so the rest of us could finish eating and chat...and they did that while playing with stickers and riding on Jumper (the horse in the corner (which was my mom's in the 50s...he's pretty old, but still in great condition).
They sat together, and Caleb pushed Aloria's shopping cart around while she pushed her stroller... Aloria got to hold Katie...Caleb's new baby sister.
Towards the end of the night I had given the kids some cherios to play with in Aloria's dishes. We heard them giggling and laughing in her room, so upon checking in on them we found the cherios spilled all over the floor, and them laying on their stomachs taking turns picking them up with their mouths and eating them while the other one would laugh. Very cute!
When clean up time came, we let Caleb use the vaccum hose and did a great job sucking them all up one by one...and when those were gone, he tipped out the remainder in the bowl and sucked those up too.
I can't wait until they can visit again...it's so great to watch Aloria laugh, play, and get along with
other toddlers. Friends are awsome!
P.S. Caleb calls Aloria, "Lee Lee," ...and Aloria cried when he left! Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: