Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mommy vs. the sweater!

The pictures below were taken on a Saturday evening...I remember this, because of the sweater Aloria is wearing. She hasn't really fought me too much about anything I've tried to put on her yet, but that night, Aaron was getting her ready for bed and said that she didn't want to take it off. I said to let her sleep in it, just put some pj pants on her too. Well, no big deal...until the next morning. Getting her ready for church was quite the experience. She grabbed the ends of her sleeves so that I couldn't pull her arms through, and then once I wresseled her past that, and it was still around her neck, she clung to it screaming. It wasn't just a tantrum scream...it was kind of a pathetic, very sad, "please please don't take off my favorite sweater...I can't live without it," scream. If it hadn't been dirty on the front, I may have conceded. It was a cute sweater and perfectly church worthy, but cleanliness won out...and so did I. So now it's in the laundry, out of site and out of mind for the time being. It doesn't really bother me to see her have favorite things...in fact, I like it quite a bit. I like to find out her tastes, likes and dislikes this early. It's fun...at least, while I'm stronger then she is. :-)

No comments: