Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Finding things...

Aloria is three months old on Thursday...and she is busy finding things, such as her fingers, hands and feet. The skin on her thumb, index finger and between those two is red and raw looking from her sucking on her hands...I hope this is normal. My mother-in-law thinks that Aloria is teething already. At first I thought that was absurd, because after all, she is only three months old. But, my mom told me that I had my first tooth at four and a half months and lost my first tooth at four years old...so I guess she could be an early bloomer too. Ha...that was the only thing I was an early bloomer for! Her symtoms are drooling, sucking, knawing (this word looks mispelled), and whining. We'll see...

Aloria found her feet the last day in August, I think it was. She was in her bouncer, and she kicked one of the dangly things with ther foot, and then just held it out there and stared at it as though it were a foreign object...put it down, and then did it again. HOLD AND STARE! In the below picture, she just figured out for the first time that kicking the animals makes them move and for music to come on...it's sooo cool to see her discover new things. We take things for granted every day ...things like moving for instance. So simple, and yet our motor skills didn't come without practise. Crazy.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: