Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Nap time is important...I'm talking about for me!

This is one of my all time favorite pictures!!! Aaron was eating dinner when he went over to Aloria to comfort her when she started to cry...they both ended up falling asleep on the couch...dinner forgotten.
Nap time is super important! I know that every baby is different and not all babies wake you up three times a night like Aloria does for me...but regardless, nap time is important. If I don't sleep during the day, my eyes are burning by 7:00pm. I started sleeping in really late...11ish, in the beginning because Aloria would go back to sleep about 8:00am or so, and then I could sleep while she did. Then one day, she decided not to sleep...I was sooooo groggy! I kept trying to sooth her instead of play with her, and lull her to sleep...all the while I was exhausted and wondering when she would finally doze off, so that I could do the same. Finally, I realized that her sleeping pattern had changed. I think it's important to find out your baby's sleeping schedule, though, it's just as easy to say...when she takes her first nap, whenever it is, make sure to take yours. You sleep when she sleeps! This works for me, because then any other times she falls asleep, I am more rested to get the other things done that I need to get done. Sometimes it is difficult for me to fight sleep in the morning because I'm still so tired, but it's just something I've learned to do...if you know a nap is coming later, you just stay up and do what needs doing. I never fully get done everything I may want to get done during the day, but I think that is mostly because I'm not managing my time as well as I would like. The older Aloria has gotten, the less tired she is during the day, and so I don't get done as much because I'm spending my time entertaining her...especially once she gets bored of the bouncer, swing, etc... Aaron wants the house to be clean, but he does understand that he didn't let me stay home so that I could ignore Aloria. Communication is the key! I was feeling guilty for not getting everthing done, so I finally asked him what was most important to him that I have done when he gets home. Surprisingly, it's not that much...and so I do those things first, and then try and get the rest done if I have time. COMMUNICATION!!! ...my advice for the day. Posted by Picasa

No comments: