Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A giraffe named Tiger

Aloria is just getting to the point where she holds onto things more...and intensionally. We give her a giraffe to hold on to mostly. It's pretty special because we bought it at the Portland airport on our way back home when we visited for Cami's wedding. I was still six months pregnant at the time, and it was our first stuffed animal we purchased for her...the only one we've actually bought for her. Anyway... a few people have made comments like, "Oh Aloria, I see you have a tiger." "NO, it's not a tiger," I say. They come back with that it has the markings of a tiger. TIGERS HAVE STRIPES! ...oh well, it stuck. I find myself calling it a tiger, because of their mistake...which has become my mistake, the giraffe's name. Aloria is going to be sooo confused.
Oh man, when Aloria is awake with Tiger...she sucks the heck out of it. It's fur is all knarled and wet like Ivy got ahold of it or something. So gross. I think that its nose looks like a big furry nipple. If it gave milk, she would want nothing to do with me...I'd be outdated for sure!
Aaron's old Navigator leader, and his family (Dave, Hiroko, and their two boys) sent us a gift for Aloria...yellow footy pajamas with a giraffe on the front. They're sooo cute... They are very soft, and it seems like she gives me an extra big toothless grin every time I put them on her...
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: